Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The Real first day of chemo

Mom and I went AGAIN for my first day of chemo. I was much calmer than on Friday. The chemo itself took about 5 1/2 hours, but at least I didn't have to go through the whole riggamarow with the labs and seeing the doctor again!
They monitored me pretty close, taking a lot of vitals and making sure I didn't die or anything. The nurses were all really nice, explained what was going on when they did it. One of them asked me when she was getting me ready to leave if I had started making plans for what I'm going to do when my hair falls out. I told her that's the issue where I lose my cool- and started balling again. She encouraged me to get some scarves or a wig- that way I have them when I need them. If I don't need them, no big deal! When we were done, mom and I went to Chili's for lunch. I felt fine!
That night Barb from work came over to visit, it was around 7-8 when I started feeling completely exhausted. Went to bed and didn't set the alarm, planning on staying home on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment