Thursday, July 22, 2010

Surgery Scheduled

Soooo...Good news! I'm scheduled for phase 1 of my reconstruction on Tues August 10th! I wasn't expecting them to do it so soon, so it was a nice surprise. I met with plastic surgeon again today, they said I could do it at the time I'm scheduled or not till later this fall. Given some situations going on at work, it was better for me to get this process started now.
They will put in the tissue expanders, and use some back fat and such to build the boob over what will be the implant. So I will actually leave the hospital with some boob- then will gradually inflate the tissue expanders to the size that I want...TBD :)
He said to plan on being off for about 3 weeks but has had very good luck with recent surgeries like this that he's done recently, some ready to go home after a day or so- but to plan on about 3 days in the hospital. I'll be at the Siouxland Surgery Center.
I have to get a physical and be cleared by my oncologist, who, luck would have it- is out of the country until August 4th. Thankfully the nurse double-booked him to fit me in that Thursday. If he doesn't give me approval for the surgery this time, it could get ugly!! I was pretty devastated in April when they told me I had to wait.
So excited!

1 comment:

  1. Wow I never knew that they could use all that technology to help you regain a natural look. Hope all went well with the surgery.

    ReplyDelete