Thursday, October 1, 2009

Cookies for everyone!

So, Happy Breast Cancer Awareness Month everyone! Sad there needs to be a month devoted to this, but might as well make the most of it!
My Aunt Kathy made some kringla and colored them pink (so they look like little pink ribbons) for me to take to chemo tomorrow. I'm sure I'll make some new friends tomorrow!
I've made arrangements to plan in case I'm not able to make it to work on Monday- I learned my lesson last time! I wasn't prepared to not make it in, I guess I had been really lucky and feeling good so I had a full day scheduled. I couldn't even think to try to tell someone what to do to help me out. I had a full day of interviews scheduled, thankfully I work with a great team of people who are able to step up and do the interviews and carry on for me, as long as they have some direction. So, planning ahead!
I'm nervous because I'm getting a full dose of the cytoxin tomorrow, which I haven't had yet- I hope I'm not sick! I have big plans this weekend! Baby Finn turns 3! I can't believe it! But I have his party on Saturday and I really want to get out my Halloween decorations out! I love Halloween! Also, if I can get a little time for work fit in, that would help me out a lot for the coming week. See? Big plans!
My hair is sparse, to be kind. My part is about 3 inches wide and I see scalp as far as the eye can see. Janna is coming over on Sunday and I think we're going to mow it all off, but not without a few awesome pictures first! Stay posted, I hope to have the cajones to go through with it, but its definitely time, I am losing a head of hair (for most people) everyday and its very messy, falling out in bed, at work, in the shower...
Oh, BTW, I sent hate mail to TV Guide this week. I was looking online to see where the scarves that Izzy on Grays Anatomy wore last week and found an article about Izzy not wearing the scarves in future episodes because she's now wearing a wig. Anyway, in the article they printed, it made jokes about Izzy being a Pirate- are you serious? Who would say that about a cancer patient, let alone a popular TV station and magazine!! I was super PO'd and sent them hate mail. It made me feel better! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment