Sunday, October 11, 2009

Much better

This week's chemo was much better than the previous week's. I had quite a bit of nausea last week that did me in! I lost 8 pounds because I didn't eat for about 5 days, even the smell of things made me want to barf. I was carrying around a bottle of air freshener to control my gag reflex! Now, trying some stronger nausea pills to overcome some of that- they're crazy expensive (about $125 a per pill) but it costs me much more than that to miss work.
Had a busy weekend, took the boys out to ride some train thing in Kingsley- Finn loved it. Then went to Travis and Leslie's baby shower, followed by a quick trip home to get dressed to meet Janna for dinner. So yes! Things were much better this week on the different pills!
I was pretty wiped out on Saturday night by the time I got home, but it felt awesome to make plans and follow thorough on them! Sunday I hung out at home and slept most of the day.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry the chemo is so rough ... 8 pounds in one week ... wow.

    I hope the new pills help.

    ReplyDelete