Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Round 2, Day 2

Feeling pretty good again this morning, but wanted to be sure. I hung around the house this morning, ate breakfast and relaxed on the couch a bit. I had discussed with the dr. not taking one of the nausea/vomiting pills since I hadn't felt sick to my stomach at all, and these two pills were $45- so if I didn't need them, I didn't want to take them.
Big improvement over last week, I got to work just a little late, but everyone was still surprised to see me. Things are crazy busy so I really dont' have time to have cancer. I'm switching into a new role as "recruiter" however still doing my old job as that has not yet been filled- all on 3 1/2 days a week!
I'm still shaking a lot and always hot and sweaty but feeling much better. Went out for dinner with Tiffney and her little guy. Steph called, she got me an appt at a fancy hair salon for tomorrow night. I'd been told and read over and over that I should cut my hair before it starts to thin and fall out. It would make the clean up a lot easier and would look fuller, when it is not. She's also insisting on paying for it because it's "too traumatic to pay for myself"- those are her words, not mine. I had short hair for years, I'm not too worried about it. It's awfully sweet of her though! I would never be able to afford that place
Mom is going to make me some head scarves since I have a few, but nothing reasonable for work. They're all the long scarves that you need some time and patience and skill to tie, and I don't have any of those things.
Today I'm ok with the hair thing- but that could change at any minute. I honestly think the reason chemo makes you lose your hair, is because you honestly can't take care of yourself whiel you're going through it. Too exhausted!

No comments:

Post a Comment