Monday, July 13, 2009

Week #3

So this is my first actual posting after starting the blog and also my third week of chemo, which I had today. It occured to me out of much guilt and acknowledgment that I had withdrawn from my friends for the last few weeks, that I should come up with a way to communicate with as many people without having to contact everyone individually. So I'll be updating the blog with each treatment I receive and how I'm feeling as I try to continue with everything else in my life!

I had my 3rd treatment today as scheduled. All of my blood counts were good- so I don't have to get a Neulasta shot this week! yay! I was really excited about that because I haven't heard a lot of good things about it, lots of bone pain and fevers come with that. Chemo went smooth- no problems at all.

Tonight Mom and I went shopping for fabric for hats since the doctor said I would start to lose my hair within two weeks, two weeks ago. Haven't lost a hair yet! Believe me, I've been monitoring that closely. While we were at Wal-mart getting the fabric cut (for an hour and 15 minutes in the sweaty store) a lady complimented the colors of fabric that I had chosen and asked what we were making. With quick eye contact from mom, she told the lady what they were for. Turned out, she's a hair stylist and her husband and several other family and friends have had and are going through chemo also. She told me about a hair shampoo, conditioner and treatment that she can get that has helped a lot of people she knows to NOT lose their hair. YAY! I'm going to pick it up from her tomorrow- ideally I should have started the shampoo before I started the chemo, but it's never too late to try!

I'm feelin good and off to bed! Good Night!






No comments:

Post a Comment