Friday, July 10, 2009

Very tired this morning, but no time to be sick! Met my friend Teri for lunch. I caught her up to speed on all the treatments I had had. Her mom had breast cancer years and years ago, I think the memories of her mom going through it are very fresh in her mind. The medicines have improved drastically since then so I don't have nearly the side affects and no vomiting from my treatments like she remembers from her mom.
My face is peeling a bit, the shaking has gotten better but is still there. There was a BBQ at my boss's house after work, I thought I'd just go home and relax for a bit before I went, but just crashed on the couch. I was really getting tired. I didn't have the energy to even sit and smile around anyone else today.
I did a little research online that night about my triple negative cancer and the specific chemo drugs I'm on. That was when I found a website devoted just to my type of cancer. From there I found a link to survivors and and their personal websites- I was able to read up on their stories and was reassured that I'm not the only one! It sucks- but I'm not alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment