Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Last Chemo


My last Chemo was December 11th. I didn't know it was going to be until I saw the doctor. He confirmed that I'd had enough.
There is a bell in the waiting room that any time someone finishes their chemo they get to ring. There had been two others who finished before me that day before I got to ring the bell! My mom made me pause for this picture, otherwise it was a ring and run. Everyone starts clapping and yelling. I almost made it out the door until the social worker that always makes us cry stopped me and gave me a hug. She said "I bet your glad it's over, huh?" that was all I needed to start crying, Mom too. I look like a giant puffy marshmellow in the picture :)


I didn't feel well all weekend but managed to get to my friend's wedding. I saw the church ceremony and headed back home immediately after. I slept most of the weekend but made it in to work on Monday.
I'm still getting my blood drawn quite a bit as on Friday it was "off the charts"- too thin. Monday when it was checked it was better, but still a bit thin so they keep lowering my coumadin dose.
I'm so glad I'm done with chemo! Next up, radiation

1 comment: