Wednesday, December 30, 2009

My mom had been staying with me since Tuesday since I'm a little off my rocker and had a lot of appointments to get to. Wednesday I met with my oncologist who is very optimistic that this is not cancer until it is confirmed by the lab tests, but given my high risk status and the recommendation of the radiologist, he still recommended the mastectomy. The risk is much greater to not take the boob and have it be cancer than to take the boob and it turn out to be cancer. He had a lot of questions for the radiologist who read the MRI, and tried to reach her, but she was on vacation so he was unable to contact her.
He also suggested just the rotten side, but I told him I want to do both and be done with it.
I don't know if I have to do chemo again, won't know until after the surgery. Doc said there's one other drug that he would recommend but it's a nasty one, by all accounts on my research. Not looking forward to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment