Friday, May 1, 2009

Family History

That's the question of the year..is there or isn't there any? Immediate answer is No, nothing in the immediate family- mother, aunts, grandma, sisters is who the immediate concern. On Mom's side great-aunt, very end of her life, with a slew of other medical problems to coincide with that.
Dad's side? Steph did a little research to find out that its possible- all from very unreliable sources, that's the problem. Could possibly be that my dad's sister had a recent mastectomy, probably in her mid to late 40's right now. Another possibility is that his dad had an undiagnosed lump that was discovered before she died of other problems.
That's it! But that leaves me with a 2-10% chance of having breast cancer. Odds sounded pretty good at the time, but I'm also writing this two months later and I already know what the answer! and you probably do too...
Friday afternoon came and went. I left work early because I really didn't want to get that news while I was at work. I came home and Steph and I went to get pedicures while we waited for the doctor's office to call. Nothing. I tried to call the office at 5 and no one was home. I'd have to wait the weekend for the biggest answer of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment