Friday, November 6, 2009

good news?

I got to see me Dr Doodlebop for my chemo today. A little good news? Maybe, he told me that my last chemo will be Nov. 20th. What? I said! I thought I had a long way to go yet! I thought I had 6 cycles to go after they changed my drugs, like two cycles ago. He said that I was just having a total of 6 cycles. Seems a bit too good to be true. I had counted that I'd be in treatment till the end of January. I still haven't had a full dose during one treatment since I switched last month. When we were done with the doc, i went back to the waiting room and counted out all the cycles on my calendar, I counted that I'm starting my 5th cycle on the 20th- so I'm not going to make any plans quite yet. Still expecting the phone call where they call and say "oh, sorry, we miscounted. You'll be here for a long, long time yet." So I had my treatment and mom and I went out to Grandma's because my uncle was visiting from Seattle.
I thought that phone call I was expecting had come when I had missed 2 calls from the Cancer Center. When another random cell phone called me, I answered, it was my doc- just telling me to increase some of my pills. Still haven't figured out that this might not be right yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment