Thursday, November 19, 2009

I'm a little irritable this morning after a long night, and didn't get any sleep after things finally setteled down. I was woken up about every half hour of the 4 hours of sleep I was trying to get. Mom stayed in the recliner in my room, and ended up moving into the family waiting room becuase the chair was so uncomfortable. I was woken up to get vitals and even to take a prilosec pill around 5 am- seriously? Is that necessary? I don't know why I'm even taking them?
I was able to get some work done and "unschedule" some things I had on my calendar. I'm totally stressed about yet another hospital stay, more time off work, holiday coming up- it's all very stressful. I hate being waited on, I'm very independent so this drives me nuts.
After school, Toni came up, followed by Chris and Amy and the boys and, of course Mom. They moved me to another room across the unit that was a much bigger room. The room I was in barely had enough room for my IV pole, which I had to unplug and pull with me to the bathroom- Yes, I was granted bathroom privlidges which is the only reason this is tolerable! The pole was getting caught in the curtains and running over all the cords, it was not cool. So I gave up my seat to the parade on Monday to move into a much larger room- which has a couch and pull out bed for my mom to sleep on. She said it's not bad to sleep on, so that's good.
I've had some very good nurses who have been entertaining me by coming in and just talking. It's very lonely around here.
Counting down the days!

No comments:

Post a Comment