Saturday, November 21, 2009

Last night Janna and Jolee came to visit me. Janna made me the cutest paintings for my office! It says "A laugh is a smile that bursts!" It's so cute- we were shopping in Michaels on one happening Saturday night and I found a wall hanging that had that phrase on it, I thought it was the cutest thing ever, only to be outdone by these hangings Janna painted!
Marit from work came to see me too. We talked about re-instituting the 5:01 club on Friday nights in bars around town- an old BGH tradition apparently. Yeah, this week's 5:01 club meeting was far from where I wanted it. I'd prefer a bar over a hospital anyday!

So I've moved on to pretending I'm sleeping when I'm not. During the night, I'm woken up about every hour for some reason or another- during the day seems like no one is here at all! I've been dumping my own pee since they are measuring what's going in and what's coming out in some little attachment in the toilet.
OK, since I've been writing this I've had 2 nurses in here checking vitals and asking me questions. Seriously? I haven't seen anyone for hours. My lunch tray sat here for hours...I'm just crabby...
On rounds this morning, my doctor told me I need to be patient because they are really going to take their time on this blood clot to make sure it's dissolved this time. I'm not sure what that means, I hope it doesn't mean, I'll be here longer than a week! Mom and I were watching Hairspray, and I think he was more interested in that! :)
Chris brought the boys up today, they were pretty cute watching the helicopter and eating their M&M's.
Long day...

No comments:

Post a Comment