Saturday, January 2, 2010

Today I met Lori, who is a breast cancer survivor I've been emailing with for a few months. She's a sister in law of a friend at work. We've never actually met until today. She said she had a few things I might be able to use after my surgery. I got the chance to ask her all sorts of questions and compare stories. She's the first and only person I've been able to talk to through all of this. She set my mind at ease as she is a very strong lady.
I'm getting really nervous, having second thoughts if I'm doing the right thing. I've been very aware of every boob I see on tv as well as my own boobs, wondering what things will look like when they are gone- basically the physical changes is what scares the hell out of me. I don't want big nasty scars! I have enough of those already!

No comments:

Post a Comment