Saturday, February 6, 2010

Back to work

I went back to work on Tuesday 2-2-10. I had a lot of appointments this week and needed Friday off for my petscan so I thought that would be a good transition to ease in to working full days.
Tuesday I worked a full day. Tiffney picked me up because I'm not driving yet. I tried to make a quiet entrance in the back door, until I saw my hallway had been decorated with a WELCOME BACK THERESA banner and about 60 balloons!
Wednesday morning I had physical therapy. Much easier this week- she mainly did a lot of massaging my muscles and stretched them for me. Feels like there's tight little rubber bands in there, they stretch just a little and want to snap back! My physical therapist is going to start coming to my house on days other than Wednesdays just because she can't do private practice more than one day a week in her office and she thinks (and I do too) that I could benefit from seeing her more than just once per week. So next Friday she's coming here at 8 am to stretch me.
Wednesday I had an eye appt, 2 year follow up on my lasik eye surgery- what a waste, I will not be attending my 3 year follow up.
Friday I had my petscan. Got there before 830 for my labs, was supposed to have a nurse eval and then check in for my petscan at 945. Well, 945 came before my nurse eval did and they ended up doing my petscan before my nurse eval- I don't know what the problem was. So while I was sitting in the supply closet again 'resting' I could hear who they were paiging for medical oncology and I never did hear my name. When I got out of the petscan after noon, I still had to sit and wait for my nurse eval, i was less than thrilled- pretty honked off.
When I got in for my nurse eval, it was a nurse I'd never had before. I was reading the computer screen as she was going thru my meds and my labs and saw "Adria" listed as a med under my previous chemo drugs. I instantly thought I was going to start balling but was able to choke back the tears until I got to the car. This is the drug that all horror stories of chemotherapy are about- knock down, drag out, nasty side effects. I told my mom what I had seen and couldn't stop crying- I'm horrified to go through any of it again, let alone that. It's my mom's birthday so I felt bad ruining her day, but I couldn't help it!
I was exhausted tired when we got home so took a nice long nap...

No comments:

Post a Comment