Thursday, February 18, 2010

I got an unexpected call today! My plastic surgeon (who Dr D was going to contact to keep in the loop of what I was doing) called and was in his office in town, he's from Sioux Falls. I'm going to get my new boobies sooner than I thought!
There's lots of different options of ways to get the reconstruction done- WOW, I had no idea. I'm chosing the fastest, least painful procedure :)
Apparently I can't get the expanders after radiation because the skin on the radiated area will be too tight and would press against my ribs- SO I have to get them in before radiation then will have another surgery after the radiation to wrap things up. It could happen as soon as next week! Yay! Not so sure I want to have another surgery again, but he said the recovery would be similar to the mastectomy- which I'm still trying to get my arm to extend and taking pain pills!
He was going to contact my oncologist about possibly doing this next week, which would push back my chemo OR I could do it after chemo, before radiation but that could extend the radiation out longer because of the recovery.
Mom doesn't think I need big ones, I think I do! I told her she has boobs so she doesn't get a say in it! Will know more tomorrow! YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment