Friday, February 26, 2010

Slacker

So I've been slacking- right when things were getting interesting apparently! It's a No-Go on the boobs, for now at least. New plan is that once I finish chemo, I'll have phase 1 of my reconstruction done before I start radiation. Then when I'm done with radiation, they'll do the rest. ETA of the boobs, I'm hoping is late spring/early summer. So sad...
I had my first round of chemo on Feb 26th. It was awesome! So maybe not awesome, but it went better than expected. I was a bit high-strung however. When mom picked me up she was wearing her Theresa's Troops tshirt and I yelled "you're wearing your shirt??" and totally bawled the whole way there. She thought I'd be happy- but I assured her nothing would make me happy that day.
They injected 2 big turkey-basters of red medicine in me along with some stuff to calm me down. Dr Doodlebop asked me how I was doing and I told him horrible, that I'd had a bad day up to that point. So he asked me what happened? I said "THIS!!" and waived my arms frantically all around the room. I think he got my drift because he all but sedated me when I started my chemo. He however did tell me that it's possible I won't lose my hair, since they are only giving me one drug. Yay! It's just now getting really thick again. He did tell me to expect to get sick from the chemo although he was giving me everything he had to prevent it, most people still get sick. When we got home I slept for 3 hours and went to bed early. Saturday morning I woke up still feeling really good. Didn't do anythig but lay around to try to keep nausea away at the advice of my nurse and kept taking antinausea pills. Mom left around 5 pm on Saturday since it seemed I was doing good. I went to bed when she left and didn't wake up until 8 am Sunday- still feeling good! My body was really tired, just exhaused like I had run a marathon on Monday, so I went in about an hour late but worked the full day. I'm glad I did because I seemed to snap out of my morning funk later that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment