Thursday, August 6, 2009

Again?

I have to have another chemo treatment tomorrow! I seriously, JUST was there! The weeks in between go way to fast. Pretty much because I work and sleep, on the weekend I try to fit in something social, but rarely happens. Not a lot to do or places to go.
The cancer center started doing things a little differently this week, I have my labs and see the doctor the day before my chemo. I don't really understand the logic, other than it's supposed to eliminate people coming for chemo and being sent home after hours of waiting, only because it has gotten too late in the day and they can't fit you in. But it sure doesn't cut down on the waiting time! You just wait longer, tonight I didn't get to see the doctor, yes, I said tonight, until 7:15! Holy God! Are you kidding me? We were the LAST people in the waiting room. My appt was at 4 for labs and to see the doctor at 4:20ish. I can't be mad at my doctor because I wouldn't trade him for the world!
After talking to my friend who's sister is having all sorts of medical issues that are yet to be diagnosed, I am thankful for the doctors that I have and that I was diagnosed. It wasn't a great diagnosis, but at least there's no question and experimentig with treatments, because what I have has a name. It's the small things that sometimes are huge and you take it for granted!
So in a nutshell, I've gained 20 lbs in the last month, my legs are like tree logs from swelling and I'm generally uncomfortable and hot all day long. And all my clothes are tight to boot! My white blood cell count was high tonight, probably from those damn steroids I had to start taking again. I finally got something rx for my heartburn! it's horrible, apparently when you put chemicals directly into your heart, it can cause that? And I also get to start wearing my TED hose again? Does everyone remember those? I'll enclose a picture from a couple years ago, just for old time's sake! It should help with the swelling in my legs so I don't continue to collect fluid and get a blood clot, because the chemo can cause blood clots! And I'm starting a lasix and potassium tomorrow for all the swelling. I'm a giant.
Cross your fingers tomorrow goes as smoothly as last week!

No comments:

Post a Comment