Tuesday, August 4, 2009

I started another round of chemo on Friday. Doc was a little concerned about my gi-ganto ankles and ended up going to the hospital after 7 hours at the cancer center to have an ultrasound on what could have been a blood clot in my leg. Turned out it wasn't, but it was. It's just an old one I had looked at in 2007, it never went away. The dr. called yesterday to say there's really nothing that can be done about it right now because it would drop my platelet count and we can't do that in the middle of chemo. I'll have to have another ultrasound in a couple months just to monitor it.
I was exhausted yesterday, left work an hour early just to come home and sleep- which I haven't done yet! I've been at work all day everyday and then some, since I started all this chemo BS. I think I've missed 6 hours of work that wasn't because I physically had to be at chemo. That was my first week, that was kinda rotten, rought start.
My hair is still thinning, but it's mostly still there! People who don't know how much hair I had to start don't notice i'm missing some! :) I got one of my most important questions answered at my dr. appt on Friday. I wasn't sure if I could drink alcohol or not- so I asked, "Can I drink alcohol while we're doing this chemo bit?" and he said "how much? and I said "how much? you tell me?" Ha ha, laugh laugh! Turns out, "I can still have some party" meaning I can have one- two drinks when I'm feeling good. As my mother is quick to remind me (apparently becuase she thinks i'm a raging alcoholic and I need to drink when I feel bad already) that if I already don't feel good, drinking is going to make it worse! I haven't had a drink, except maybe 1, in the last 3 months, I'm pretty sure the shakes are going away!
So, I have two more Fridays and then another week completely off! YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment