Tuesday, August 11, 2009

I was very tired all weekend, I went to bed around 8 pm on Sunday night and had already emailed the powers that be at work to tell them I wasn't planning on coming in on Monday. I had a full morning of interviews and meetings scheduled, I suppose that's just my luck. I hadn't been feeling sick or tired so I thought I was safe. I did end up taking something for upset stomach, but I'm not sure if it was that or just really tired and had been eating crap all weekend.
I don't know what it was but I was very sad on Sunday night. 'Time alone' is few and far between and sometimes when you don't feel good, everything comes to a head. I have the greatest friends and family but having cancer leaves you feeling incredibly alone. No matter who is physically sitting with you or wishing you well, it's still just me, all day everyday doing this. I think that's the hardest part is that it never leaves, it's mind consuming because everything I do revolves around it. My social life has gone to 0, which is hard either way- I want to do things to keep my mind off everything, but I get so tired that I just want to come home and sleep.
I slept till 10 am on Monday, pretty much just laid around all day with Toni.
Tuesday I woke up and something felt very wrong. I again, slept about 12 hours and felt no relief. I showered and checked my email on the computer while Kim showered. I had gotten my period a few days prior, which I thought wasn't going to happen anymore as I'm supposed to be going thru menopause. In the 15 minutes that Kim was in the shower I had leaked through a tampon and just had a feeling that something wasn't right. My cramps were horrible also. I called my doctor who after a while called me back and told me they wanted me to come down for labs to check my blood counts so I had Toni take me down there. After about 3 1/2 hours of just needing labs, of just needing to see a nurse, of just waiting for the doc to look at the labs, to the doctor wants to see you...I finally saw the doctor who told me my levels were a bit low, but nothing harmful. Also offering me a long term solution for cramps to get a birth control shot that my other doctor had already ruled out as a solution because of my blood clot problem.
At that point I figured I was ok to drug up and go back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment