Wednesday, January 13, 2010

10 Days Out

Today I returned to the surgeon to get my drains out. I'm still getting a lot of drainage so I wasn't sure if they would actually take them out. Turns out he only took one, which I was ok with because it was the most painful one. On the way to the appionement, my mom told me that one of her friends who had a drain said it felt like ' they were pulling his balls out' when his drain was removed.
So when my doctor started getting ready to take mine out, he stood in between me and my mom so I couldn't see her face, but it didn't hurt at all. When I saw her I started laughing and he made a comment that it sounds worse than it actually is to get them removed. So I told him what my mom had said about her friend. He said that if he pulled my balls out, my case would be a lot more complicated.
Since I'm still hurting a lot, especially in my arms, he recommended adding Advil to my painpills to help and see how that does.
The boys have been coming to see me about every other day. Makes me feel better to see them! Just sad I can't hug and squeeze them!

No comments:

Post a Comment