Saturday, September 5, 2009

#8 done and over! Feeling reassured about what I'm doing after seeng my real doc yesterday. They are changing my chemo drugs now as I seem to be having a bit of a reaction to one of the drugs. I got another rash in my elbows this week and apparently my choking on bread is also a sign of the same kind allergic reaction. Since one of the drugs tends to give people more trouble, that's the one I'm going to stop. Replacing with Cytoxin. Since I'm in the middle of a cycle, yesterday I was given my regular dose of taxotere and a low dose of cytoxin and will do the same next week to finish out this cycle. Then I will go to once every three weeks (yay!) but with stronger doses so side affects could be greater and of course, they are different and not pleasant (irritation of bladder lining, hair loss, etc).
I'm feeling ok today, just tired and hot! My skin feels hot although I have no temp.
I'm scheduled for an ultrasound next week to monitor my baby berries to make sure no cancer has spread there as breast and ovarian cancer are linked. On my PETscan in June there was a bit of a light they thought was just ovulation, but having it looked at to be sure.
Kim and Mom sat with me during Chemo- fell asleep a few times while we were there. It was nice to be in a private room again, it's been a while since I got a room. I've requested to be in a room but that might not work every week!
No big plans for the weekend- just waiting it out to make sure I feel good!

No comments:

Post a Comment