Friday, September 11, 2009

Good News! I don't have any baby berry cancer- ultrasound came back clean of any tumors or cysts!
Today I had treatment #9- shortly after I got hooked up to my first bag, we lost power. It was off the entire afternoon and wasn't expected to be back on until 4 pm. They had made arrangements to transport those who had long chemo treatments to the hospital to finish the treatment and cancelled all other appointments who had not yet started. I think the nurses were excited about getting the afternoon off becuase I've never been finsihed so fast! They were pouring that stuff right in! And then to their dismay, as I was being unhooked, the power came back on, but they had already cancelled the rest of the appointments for the day.
I'm off next week, but just have to go in for blood work as they expect this week they will go down, for that reason I can only eat food that has been cooked thoroughly which eliminates my diet of sandwiches and cereal.
Today I got some zinc glycol that is supposed to improve my tastebuds since I can't taste anything that's not sweet. I wonder if it works...we'll find out tomorrow!

1 comment: