Friday, September 25, 2009

Going home?

I think I'm going home today! My Family Doc- Dr. Jocye was in this morning and said my blood levels look good so I should be going home soon. Yesterday they took me off the IV and started giving me the shots that I will have to give myself at home- holy mother it burned! I could hardly hold my leg still while she did it! But Dr. J doesn't think I'll have to do them at home. I asked if the blood clot was gone or how do we know it won't break loose? He told me it would be here for months, until my body naturally absorbs it- the blood thinners will just keep my blood so that it doesn't make new clots or add to this one, it won't actually erase this clot.
I'm still working on my new book and I love it! I would love to write a book some day that someone would actually read-I think that would be awesome. I gotta make some kind of lemonade out of these lemons! I'm really trying not to include a favorite quote by Sara Silverman.
I haven't had any neighbors in the rooms next to me all week until last night. One of them is in seclusion and the other guy is completely loud and annoying me, I feel sorry for the nurses. He's been in my room twice already today to get my nurse that was in here. Back off! She's mine!
Yesterday morning after my blood draw, I took the tape off my arm where they had covered the needle hole and the skin on my arm came off with it! Man that hurts! And it's right in the crotch of my elbow so when my arm is bent, like all the time, it touches my arm and burs, burns, burns. Not cool.
Did everyone watch Gray's Anatomy last night? I must be over-medicated becase I didn't shed one tear...

1 comment:

  1. Not one tear? I even saw a few wet spots on Craig's face from that episode. But I'm glad you finally get to go home!

    ReplyDelete